The Daily Shirt

Putting faces on a stupid ugly shirt since 2006

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

The grandma who wasn't

Welcome to tomorrow's yesterday!

Now's the time of year when one can't help but think back to earlier years, and in my case, numerous summer vacations from school wasted in front of the TV. And never is this more apparent then when two specific events converge; the first being me looking at how much work that I have to do (that, in this case, is being latered in favour of updating this thing) and the second is when I all-of-a-sudden get a flashback to some crappy television show that I watched for a summer when I was 13.

And today's Daily Shirt is a relic of one such show.

There was nothing particularly noteworthy about this program; like so many other aspects of our 'have it delivered' culture, it was there, not demanding to be watched - not even politely asking - just showing up regularly in the early afternoon so as to make it self available for television/viewer relations at my leasure. And if I remember correctly, it was on a low-number channel too, so it required only a minimum of button clicking to get there.

Ahhh...the lazy, mis-spent, soon-to-be-regret-filled, completely wasted, nothing to show for them days of summer...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home