The Daily Shirt

Putting faces on a stupid ugly shirt since 2006

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Tribulum ad hilarity

Consider today's Daily Shirt a tribute of sorts; but instead of using something valuable, we're stickin' a face on the shirt for your (but mostly my) amusement.

It's like when you were a kid, and everyone would want say 'I'm Wayne Gretzky' when they were playing hockey or 'I wanna be Akashi Shiganosuke' in Sumo wrestling class. Everyone did it. It was a right of passage. A way of feeling better about yourself by associating your negligible skills with a famous name. You don't honestly think that Special Prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald got to where he is without pretending once or twice that he was Matlock, did you?

Boy...this takes me back. I remember being a little Shirtnovice Captain and playing '14th Century Italian Painters' - everyone always picked the easy ones, but I'd proudly stand up and say "yeah, well I'm Giovanni Cimabue" and then everyone would stand back while I finished some Byzantine mosaic or another. Those were the days...

So...if you don't know who the face is on Shirty today, you haven't been visiting the links! Do yourself a favour and make with the clicky-clicky. Those folks are making some funny stuff EVERY DAY (sorta like here, but they're way funnier) and tend to be something of an inspiration for the head-twisting madness that goes on here.

So, without further Apu...


1 Comments:

  • At 10:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    why i do believe its natalie dee. R2 says hi...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home